Valentine's Poems

Valentine's Poems


Valentine's Day With Jesus

By Marilyn Ferguson
Jesus does not send perfume
To linger in the air
Instead He sends salvation, sweet
To show how much He cares.

He doesn’t bring me candy hearts
In boxes of delight
Instead He always lets me know
I’m precious in His sight.

He doesn’t send out pretty cards
Trimmed in shades of red
Instead He gave His life for me
His precious blood was shed.

He doesn’t hand out fancy gifts
Like we would send to mother
Instead He sends a message clear
To always love each other.

He doesn’t give me teddy bears
That whimper, "please be mine"
Instead He gave His heart to me
I wear it all the time.

He doesn’t give me roses, pink
For all the world to see
Instead He gave eternal life
That’s good enough for me!

***********************

Valentine Memories


By Shirley Sallay
Grandma's book of valentines
Rekindles memory's flame,
Of days when she was just a girl
And life a happy game.

Each lace-edged card a getting bears
From friends of long ago,
Girls in gingham dresses
And that “special” Sunday beau.

It brings a twinkle to her eye,
Dissolving lines of age,
As we sit in the lamplight
And turn each well worn page.

It makes me kind of wonder
f perhaps some distant day,
A grandchild shall sit at my side
And leaf each page this way.

‘Cause I could sit for hours,
There at my grandma's knee,
And listen to the stories
That the valentines set free.

A book of antique valentines
That reaches black in time
To tell the tales of yesteryear
In illustrated rhyme.


***********************


My Valentine Lover




By Maria
Wondering what my Valentine lover
Will give me on Valentine’s day
Will it be a trip abroad?
Will it be money for me to hoard?

Will it be a diamond ring?
Will it be two lovebirds to happily sing?
Will it be a brand new car?
Will he reach up for the bewitching stars?

No my Valentine lover
Had cupid’s dart
He aimed the dart
Towards my heart

My Valentine lover gave me his heart
In return I gave him mine
To keep with him
Till the end of time

Yes; my Valentine lover gave me his heart!


***********************


Tomorrow is Valentine's Day



By Maria
Valentine day is not too far away
My heart is panting and over excited.

My pulse seems to be racing very fast
My soul awaits you to come and great me

As my brown awaiting eyes look into your blue romantic eyes
My all-inner being is waiting for that special romantic word

Happy valentine’s day my sweetheart; my darling
I love you so much; I await your loving velvet touch

That is all my heart and soul wishes to hear
As you cuddly and kiss me and draw me oh! so near

You hold a red rose it’s perfume consoles my very inner being
This day will always be remembered like the other Valentine days

You show and give me your love in different ways
I repay you; I love you; you are my Valentine every single day

I love you; I love you is all I can say
Happy valentine day.


***********************

Valentine Poem



By Lunaria (Lila May Guptill)
Trying to squeeze words out of my mind
To make a valentine poem
I can hear the wheels up there grind
But all my mind does is roam

It thinks about all kinds of things
Except words to create a verse
Mostly dwells on violin strings
Thinking hard just makes it worse

Why violin strings? I ask
Does it want to make melodious song?
That will be an even greater task
So I try to hum along

We have the melody but no words
Have to have words to make song
Sounds like a flock of chirping birds
Is this going to take very long?

Finally some words are forming
Heart, love, red, be mine, forever
At last my mind is brain storming
Now let's put it all together

My love be mine
Let's never part
Our hearts entwine
Here's cupids dart

Is that the best you can do?
Let's forget this 'til next year
Next Valentines day we'll start anew
That is if you get in gear.





source:http://www.lovefatedestiny.com
Tags:love,love poems,Anniversary Love Poems,anniversary love poems,anniversary,Love Quotes, Famous Love Quotes, Exclusive Love Quotes, Love Quote, free Love Quotes, life quotes, cute quotes, Romantic Love Quotes, sweet love quotes, Love Sayings,birthday love poems,birthday,love poems,birthday poems,poems,Christmas Love Poems,Christmas,Christmas poems,christmas love poems,christmas,christmas poems,Engagement Poems,engagement poems,engagement,engagement love poems,marriage,marriage love,marriage love poems,marriage poems,Valentine's Poems,valentine's poems ,valentine day poems,valentine day,valentine poems,valentine poem,valentine 
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive